Thursday 7 June 2012

Jinny Joe



Have you ever heard of 'Jinny Joe Day'? =)
If not, then I'll explain.
A Jinny Joe is a flower, but in my crazy mind...it's more than that, they're fairies. When I was a kid, I would make a wish on a Jinny Joe and blow it, with hope that my wish gets "delivered" safely. I still do that when I get the chance. Some may call it a "dandelion", but to me...I prefer Jinny Joe.
If you get the chance to read the book "If You Could See Me Now", I think that you might see them the way I do afterwards.
Yeah, it's a child's dream to wish this way, but you know sometimes all you need is to know that something is carrying your wish to a safe place where it would be granted.





So make a wish~


2 comments:

  1. My late father wrote a song about these entitled "Jinny Jo". It was sung by the Allan Sisters and in 1969 he won a Canadian Music award for it. Cool huh?

    https://rateyourmusic.com/release/single/the_allan_sisters/lily_the_pink___jinny_jo/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Was your father Ernie Lyons or Larry Malone?

      Delete